Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Dr. Vijay's Health Diary 5th Day: Transformation must happen physically as well as mentally....

Reaching Healthy Weight:  {Day-5}



72 days to go.....


Eating a healthy diet can help prevent obesity

People can:
1) maintain a healthy weight
2) limit total fat intake and shift fat consumption away from saturated fats to unsaturated fats
3) increase consumption of fruit, vegetables, pulses, whole grains and nuts
4) limit the intake of sugar and salt.
----WHO

My fifth day, of course went well with strict diet and exercises without hampering my regular activities.

Few important give-ups:  I left coffee temporarily but not permanently.  Sugar intake has been minimized.

Diet:

  • As usually A cup of milk plus Kellog's Chocos.
  • Tender coconut.
  • Lunch:  Two Tandoori Rotis and Vegetable Curry.
  • Evening:  A cup of Tea and three Britania Multi-grain biscuits.
  • Around 5 PM, I had pomegranates.
  • At 8.00 PM:  Two Rotis plus Daal.
  • Around 9.30 PM, I had  one orange, and one cup cake.


Activities:

  • I am adding some time for exercises and I have done 45 minutes of exercises.
  • As usual total of 7 kilometers of walking (UP and Down to my office).
  • Regarding weight, I think considerably it has come down.

Note:  I am not straining myself to reduce weight.  Only on controlled diet and exercises plus some Ayurvedic medicines are helping me along with my will power.  I am not loosing my energy levels and over and above I am very much enthusiastic now-a-days :-)

No comments: